Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Banking on Truth

29th June 2010

What is truth? Pilate asked Jesus.
How would you answer this most important question?

I had a bad experience that I will never forget and I know it is for me to learn a very important lesson about truth.

A sub-contractor who was recommended by a friend (and I didn’t ask for enough details)
turned out to be the most untrustworthy person I have ever encountered.
He gave me many empty promises and took my money and in the end ran away with the money and did nothing for me. He cheated me.

You know what I learned.
I LEARNED THAT I WAS MOST STUPID!

To put my trust in someone who is NOT TRUSTWORTHY is STUPIDITY!

It is wisdom to seek to know the PEOPLE YOU TRUST.
It is foolish to blindly TRUST people!

If you want to do business with someone – you must know them.
You must know if they are trustworthy.

What is trustworthiness?
A person / company is trustworthy when he is true and faithful.
In the past whatever they said/promised are true and are fulfilled. On that basis, what we call good track record we trust them.

What is an empty promise?

An empty promise is an EMPTY promise
i.e. there is NOTHING in it.

If you trust in an EMPTY promise
You will definitely be DISAPPOINTED
Why?
Because you are trusting in NOTHING!

What is an EMPTY promise?
It is a promise that is NOT TRUE.
It is a LIE.
It is FALSE.
There is NO SUBSTANCE to it.

When you TRUST IN GOD you trust in what is TRUE; WHAT REALLY EXISTS; WHAT IS OF ETERNAL SUBSTANCE.

God is HE WHO WAS, AND IS AND IS TO COME.
(Rev 1:8 NKJV) "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
God is 100% certain past present and forever.

The devil is known as he who WAS, who IS NOT, and YET IS going to destruction. Rev 17:8,11

(Rev 17:8 NKJV) The beast that you saw was, and is not, and will ascend out of the bottomless pit and go to perdition. And those who dwell on the earth will marvel, whose names are not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world, when they see the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
(Rev 17:11 NKJV) The beast that was, and is not, is himself also the eighth, and is of the seven, and is going to perdition.


Perdition = destruction

The devil is REAL. But he is going to be a was.
The devil will be TOTALLY DESTROYED according to God’s calendar and he will be NO MORE.
Will you put your trust or confidence in something that one day is and tomorrow is gone. How many of you will put your savings into a Bank that was, that is not and is going to be destroyed? No way!

But God is CERTAIN 100% and for ALL ETERNITY!

HOW IS YOUR LIFE?
SURE OR SHAKY?
If you don’t know the TRUE GOD AND HIS PROMISES (HIS TRUTH in the BIBLE) then you are on very shaky ground!
Everything else except GOD HIMSELF AND HIS PROMISES are sinking ground!

Get into relationship with JESUS, THE TRUTH!
Get to know HIS PROMISES and BANK ON THEM!
YOU CAN BE SURE YOU ARE BANKING ON CERTAINTY!
YOU WILL BUILD YOUR LIFE UPON THE SOLID ROCK OF ALL AGES!

Be wise! Be truly blessed!
Put your trust in JESUS, THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post, Pastor. I've been checking for updates but I guess you have been busy.
    God bless you!
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete