Tuesday, September 7, 2010

90% Thanksgiving 10% Request

90% Thanksgiving 10% Request, this is what our prayer life ought to be, says Dr Juan Carlos Ortiz, the author of the book DISCIPLE, who was speaking at the dawn prayer meetings at the Korean Open Church in Ampang. I attended the prayer meetings which starts at 5 am every morning and was greatly blessed by the teachings. He stressed that GOD has already given us everything in Christ. He has also given us His Spirit to be with us, to be in our hearts, to help, teach, guide, counsel us to live an abundant life. He said that much of our prayers are useless because we ask God for what He has already given us.

From the teachings I asked the Lord for the following:-
  • That I will give thanks more for what HE has already given me in Christ.
  • That I will seek to know and appreciate more of all that GOD has already given me in Christ in His Word so that I can live in them fully and thank God for them.
  • That the Lord will give me wisdom to use, to apply and live out all that He has given me in Christ
  • That I will spend more of my prayer time to know Him more and more intimately as my Father and my friend
  • That I will be filled with the Holy Spirit continuously and be empowered to live the Christ life fully
  • That I may know and submit to my Lord Christ, the Head of my life
  • That I may know who I am in Christ as a member of His Body

I'm reminded of a very important verse
(1Co 2:12 NKJV) Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

O precious Holy Spirit help and teach us to pray aright!

No comments:

Post a Comment