Friday, December 3, 2010

The Joy of Sharing the Gospel

I am especially thrilled that since Sunday night (the last night) in the Philippines I was used by the Lord to share the Gospel to a few precious souls.


On Sunday night we were with Pastor Ally and some of his members in a restaurant overseeing Davao City enjoying a good meal and wonderful fellowship after all the ministry.

There was a binocular nearby and people were taking turns to use it. I went there and waited for my turn. The young man who was using the binocular started asking me questions. Where I am from etc. I then gave him a copy of the

"Four Spiritual Laws". When I have finished using the binocular I saw him standing nearby reading the tract. So I went over and began to share with him the contents of the tract. Amazingly when I asked if he wanted to receive Jesus into his heart, he agreed. Jimmy and I then led him in the sinner's prayer. What joy it was for us!


The next day we flew back to KL. When we got into our taxi from the airport we were surprised that we had a Chinese driver. He asked us where we came from and etc. Jimmy began to share his testimony and soon we were sharing the gospel with him. When he reached our house I asked if I can pray for him and he said yes. After praying a prayer of blessing for him I asked if he wanted to receive Jesus in his heart and he agreed. Praise the Lord! What joy it is to bring precious souls to the Lord.


On Friday night Chin Nee and I were invited with my parents-in-law to a dinner of their relatives. I purposefully took 2 tracts with me. The dinner was good and conversations around the table was meaningful. I had the oppurtunity to share why I believed in Jesus for the forgiveness of my sins. The man sitting opposite me seems friendly but quiet. I walked over to him and started to ask about him and then shared that I have something which I believed to be very important and hope that he would read it. He was keen to receive it and promised to read it. I gave him the "Four Spiritual Laws".

The host was a precious 90 year old Puan Sri who is a yet believer. When the dinner ended I took the oppurtunity to thank her for inviting us and I told her I have something to give her that I hope will bless her. I gave her "Steps to peace with God". She took it from me and said that she will read it and then kept it in her pocket. Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment