Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Going to the nations




In the 1st year of HGC, 1994, the Lord showed us at a prayer meeting a vision of a world map with arrows shooting out from Malaysia and He said, "My people in Malaysia (and from this church) will go out into the nations and be a blessing"




Since then we have been going out into the nations. I would like to record here the trips that I have personally taken with the church since then.

Looking back these trips have transformed my life and the life of the church.

Only eternity will tell the kind the impact and fruits these trips have borne. To HIM alone be all THE GLORY

Philippines - Manila, Pangasinan and Bicol - Ps Ramon Augustin & Sister Cora
1st 1996 - Crusade in Botong and church was planted
2nd 1998
3rd 2000
4th 2002 Planted church in Pasima from Botong with leaders who became Christians in 1996
5th 2004
6th 2005
9th 2008

Philippines - Digos, Davao, Mindanao - Ps Ally Flores & Marlene
1st 1997 - Francis Lee, Bro Eng Bee, Chin Nee and I
2nd 1998 - this was the trip that I had the vision that sparked our daily morning prayer in HGC - Roger and I
3rd 2000 - Timothy Lew and I
4th 2002 - Bro Jimi Yong, Karen and I
5th 2005 - Bro Khoo and I
6th 2010 - Jimmy Yong, Chin Nee and I, ministered with Rodney Moore & Kathy & Jerry and Linda from Texas - JIL 25th Anniversary - Celebrating the favor of God

China
1st trip 2003 to Lugu Lake with Bro Tham Seng
2nd trip 2005 to Fujian with my family - preached in my grandmother and father's church which was 100 years old.
3rd trip 2006 to Fujian - took the elderly sisters of HGC to Fujian for ministry plus holiday. We went to the same church and it's already rebuilt (5 stories high) as the old one was dilapidated.

Europe - Switzerland
1st trip 1998 - quite an amazing 1st trip to Europe. The most beautiful thing was to meet the beautiful swiss relatives of sister Ruth.
2nd 2002
3rd 2006
4th 2010 - To visit Ps Daniel and family who has return for God's ministry. In this trip we saw God's amazing work amongst the people we know.

Myanmar
1st trip - with Ps TT Quah
2nd Trip - with Ps Raymond Mooi

Indonesia
1st trip - with Ps Shin in Dumai
2nd trip with Ps Shin in Bagan Siapiapi
India - Hyderabad - Sister Lata & Ps Abraham Lincoln
1st trip 2007 - to Narsampet
2nd trip 2008 - to Ongole

Cambodia
1st trip - mission
Other trips - holiday with my brother Woh Hock and family who lives there now

Australia
2008 - Brisbane - Ps Dr Sim
2006 - Brisbane - Ps Dr Sim - managed to attend Hillsong Conference and stayed with my Pastor Allan Webb and Val
A trip to Melboure with Ps TT Quah for holiday with some ministry. I was blessed to preach in the church I was baptised in in 1979 -the Swanston Street Church of Christ.

I studied in Melbourne from 1977 till 1983 and completed B Arch.

The Lord spoke to me in one of the trips that to take a yearly 7 days missions trip would be like keeping a modern day feast of the Tabernacles. In 7 days you keep your eyes on the Lord and on the harvests. And your realise that you are a pilgrim on earth.

For those who have not been on a foreign mission trip may I encourage you to make it one of your main goals to go. To India or Philippines or Bangladesh and our latest focus to Sarawak.

GO THEREFORE AND PREACH THE GOSPEL TO ALL THE NATIONS!









1 comment:

  1. How meaningful are these words - "Keep your eyes on the Lord and on the harvests and you will realise that you are a pilgrim on earth."

    Thank you Pastor! God bless your ministry!

    ReplyDelete