Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Set the LORD always before you

The Psalmist says that he will not be shaken if the LORD is at his right hand. How can the Lord be at his right hand? He did ONE THING - he has set the LORD always before him. To set the LORD always before him is to BE AWARE OF HIS PRESENCE WITH YOU ALWAYS. Indeed He has promised that HE will never leave you nor forsake you.

Ps 16:8 I have set the LORD always before me;
Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.

(Psa 16:8 GNB) I am always aware of the LORD's presence; he is near, and nothing can shake me.

I have been saying that whatever the Lord wants us to do He has first done it for us or has first given it to us.
We love because HE first loved us.
We can come to HIM because HE first came to us.

Now I can set the Lord always before me because HE has first set me before Him. Heb 12:2 says that we are the joy that HE set before Him. He is willing to go to the cross for us whom He has set before Himself.

Heb 12:1-2 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Let us set HIM before our eyes! He is our SHELTER AND STRENGTH! He is our SHEPHERD AND SAVIOUR! He is our SUN AND SHIELD! If He is at our right hand we will not be shaken!

How do we set HIM always before us?
By constantly fixing our focus on His Word.
His Word and Him is ONE!

Watch your focus when you face a "challenging" circumstance.
E.g. you have just been asked to do more than what you can "comfortably" handle. You feel "stressed". Negative and even fearful thoughts come to you. What do you do?
You begin to look to Him instead of to yourself or at the problems.
You can remember His promise. You can confess, "Lord You are with me, You are my help, You are a shield of favour around me. You are blessing me!" and so forth.
I have seen an immediate change and a note of victory begin to ring!
Believe in your heart and confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus (the Word) and you will be saved, helped, delivered, strengthened and blessed!

The more of His Word you lay up in your heart, the easier it is for you to set Him always before you. Beware of the many things, voices, pictures and images that the enemy wants to fill your heart, mind and imagination. Lay up His Word in your heart so that in whatever situations or challenges you are in, His Word can rise up from your heart and be your guide, your wisdom, your strength, your shield aand your life!

Set HIM always before you.
He has set you before HIMSELF!

Let this be our prayer to the Lord, "Set me as a seal upon Thine heart, as a seal upon Thine arm" Songs 8:6

No comments:

Post a Comment