Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Meditations from Job

Job is known as a blameless and upright man who fears God and shuns evil. Although he went through so much sufferings he came forth from it as gold!

1:1 I am blameless and upright. I fear God and shun evil

1:10 The Lord has made a hedge around me, around my family, and around all that I have on every side. The Lord has blessed the work of my hands and my possessions have increased in the land.

2:3 I hold fast to my integrity, come what may!

2:10 I will not sin with my lips, come what may!

7:17 You magnify me and You set Your heart on me!

7:18 You visit me every morning and test me every moment!

10:12 You have granted me life and favour, and Your care has preserved my spirit.

16:5 I would speak in a way to help you. I would try to take away your grief.

23:10-12 He knows the way I take; when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold. My foot has held fast to His steps, I have kept His way and not turn aside. I have not departed from the commandment of His lips, I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food.

27:4-6 My lips will never say anything evil, my tongue will never tell a lie. I will never say that you men are right (when you are wrong); I will insist on my innocence to my dying day. I will never give up my claim to be right; my conscience is clear.

29:2 God watches over me. His lamp shone upon my head. By His light I walk through darkness. The friendly counsel of God is over my tent.

29:19 My root is spread out to the waters and the dew lies all night on my branch.

29:20 My glory is fresh within me and my bow is renewed in my hand.

29:22 My speech settled on them as dew, as rain, as the spring rain that quench the thirsty hearts.

31:1 I have covenanted with my eyes that I should not look at fleshly and unclean things.

42:2 I know that You can do everything, and that no purpose of Yours can be withheld from You.

42:5 I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear, But now my eye sees You.

42:10 The Lord restored Job's losses when he prayed for his friends. Indeed the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.

42:12 Now the Lord blessed the latter days of job more than his beginnings.

42:17 So Job died, old and full of days.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Pastor,
    That's very encouraging! Just what I need!

    God's blessings are upon you!
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete